Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back again

I am back in Mexico City… and for a change I thought I would go to Starbucks to do some blogging...
So far we have been to an Argentinean restaurant called Puerto Madero where I forgot how to speak Spanish. The next day we went to P.F Chang’s Chinese restaurant, which is lovely food but always very filling. After eating we went to see 127 hours at the cinema…. God such a tense movie! I really liked it but I could barely look at the screen at times, everyone was gasping and hiding behind their boyfriends to not look at someone cutting off their own arm. Yesterday I unpacked everything, which was mildly irritating because I have packed and unpacked all my stuff so many times in the last few years…. I just want to live and to not unpack… is that so much to ask?
Today I am getting back into the swing of things…. I feel like I have somewhat lost my Mexico City ‘groove’ – I feel very conspicuous (mum… do you think of Shirley Valentine when I say that?), the traffic is very overwhelming, I was shocked that I had line up with 20 other people for Starbucks, and I was really off put by the lack of personal space on the bus this morning. I am going to head home soon to eat… mostly left over Argentinean and Chinese food, plus the chicken burgers I made last night. I am then going to do an exercise DVD…. It is called Skinny bitches… a positive image DVD I think? Nanette and I used to take turns doing this workout in our very small living room, it was quite funny because Nanette couldn’t swing her arms fully up in the air without smashing them on the ceiling. Ok that’s it from me…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment