Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Great Wall of Chocolate!!!

Hello, so I thought I would write a quick post on some amazing food... Chinese food to be precise. We live close to a restaurant called Chang's, we have been there once before and the food is really really amazing. It is quite big, but the atmosphere is really relaxing and cozy. To begin I had a cocktail called the "Chinese 88 Martinin" which was gin with some kind of lime mixture... I can't remember exactly and Jose had a Caipirinha, which is brazilian so i think i was being the more culturally appropriate drinker. We then had a noodle dish called Dan Dan Noodles, with chicken and veggies and peanuts...it's heavenly and then we had a honey chicken dish. The big surprise was the desert, we ordered the caked "The Great Wall of Chocolate".....and it really was a wall. When Jose took the picture I put my hand next to it so it is easier to put the size into perspective! Anyway it was a really lovely meal and nice to just spend some time together. This week has been really busy for both of us, I have 5 classes now, so that means waking up at 5.55, getting on the the bus by 6.30 and starting my class at 7, them three days a week i finish at 6.30 and two days a week I finish at 8.45, along with the gym and class planning, its the busiest I have been in a while. I am really learning lots, English particularly haha but also just about being a working lady haha... makes me miss school! i really enjoy the job, i am starting to really get to know my students and Mexico City too!
This Saturday we are going to the wedding and then I plan on sleeping for most of the weekend!
Okay i think that's it for now xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment