Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

day dos




I have just realized that all my posts about my parent's trip will be in reverse order... but I guess it doesn't really matter!
The first day we went to a district in the city called Coyocan. It is one of the oldest establishments in the city and really has a small town fell. We got a bit lost on the way but we finally made it and started the day with a really excellent breakfast of eggs, beans, bread, coffee... lots of coffee.
We walked around the town which is so pretty and the highlight is definitely the church. It really is one of the most beautiful that I have seen, the details and painting inside are incredible. We had nieces, which are typical fruit sorbets from Coyocan, although i had an ice cream that was choco choco chips, what can I say, I have a sugar problem.
We then went to the Friday Kahlo museum which I wasn't sure if they would like it because they had never heard of her. They absolutely loved it and my dad is convinced Frida was a hermaphrodite.

I then had to go to my afternoon classes which I managed to get out of, although my parents were able to see the school and meet some of the people that I work with. I love hearing my dad say "Buenoz diazzz" to everyone.
That night we went a spontaneously chosen restaurant in La Condesa called Jolie.. I think. It is was advertising New Latin Food and looked very cozy. The chef is from Argentina (of course) where he travelled from Buenos Aired to Mexico City and learned lots of recipes from all over Latin America. The food was absolutely excellent, My mum had an amazing lamb dish, dad had tuna, Jose had chicken and I   had fish. Me and mum had two Tom Collins and then we got some watermelon shots on the house. The interior is very cool, lots of old furniture and paintings and watching all the waiters trying to say the specials in English was really rather very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment