Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Parents in the City

I can't believe that my parents have already come and gone.... time goes so quickly :-(
Apart from time going to quickly, the trip with my mum and dad was really good and I am so glad that were able to come to come to Mexico City and see mine and Jose's life.

They arrived on Wednesday night, mum told me they would land about 7.45 so i assumed that they would be through at about 8.30. Of course I had a public transport nightmare. I left my class 15 minutes early just to give me a head start at about 6.30. I decided to take the metro instead of the metro bus because I thought it would be quicker.... very wrong. I waited in a very crowded station for about 15 minutes before a train came but when it did, I was almost taken down my 1000 very determined pushy Mexican ladies, needless to say I couldn't get on. I then waited another 15 minutes and the exact same situation happened again. I went barging through the station so mad and frustrated I'm sure people thought that I was about to committ murder. I got outside in the middle of rush hour, nothing but traffic and full taxis. Finally i managed to get a taxi... it's condition was a little conspicuous but 45 minutes later he had me to the airport, 10 minutes before my mum and dad came walking through.

Our building

Our street
That night we took them to an Argentinian restaurant called Quebracho, where we had excellent meat and two bottles of delicious red wine.... I accidentally didn't make it to me morning class at 7am, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment