Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Xalapa




Xalapa was definitely a whirlwind trip, we arrived around 12.30 on Friday night and went straight to Coatepec and fell into bed. The next morning me,
Jose, Jose's brother Juan and his mum went for
breakfast and it was so nice to have real Picadas Veracruz style, realy good start to the day. We then went to see both his grandparents, and a few of his aunties-lots of Spanish practice! We then wet to the house of Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, who was the presi dent of Mexico on 11 non consecutive occasions for 22 years. He was born in Xalapa, Veracruz and was the son of a respected Spanish Colonial Family.. Jose's mum's mum Guadalupe claims that he was the grandfather of her grandfather.. who knows, maybe its true.. Jose's mum's family name is Lopez but then again there are many families with the name Lopez, beautiful house though.
In the afternoon I helped Maria make dinner, we made letter soup which is my favorite and then Aztec cake which was so tasty. That evening we went to a club called Rio with some friends: Eunice and her sister and Zazyl, it was really fun and so good to dance again! A really good mix of pop, reggaeton,
salsa.. exhausting. Of course afterward we went for hotdogs at Farmacia Plus whcih were amazing and I have a video where all I hear from me is "con mucho queso!" haha lots of cheese!
Sunday I was quite tired, but we went to see the grandparents again and we saw a movie.. something to do with Avatar, I'm not sure, I thought it was really boring and i fell asleep for most of it.
All in all it was a good trip, nice to be in Xalapa again, so familiar, I felt like I could have gone back to my apartment and all of our stuff would still be there.
Anyways I will put some pictures :-) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment