Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Black eyed peas and David Guetta



So of course, as always, when I have a big event to go to... I get sick.. and so the Day of the Black eyed peas concert i woke up with a sore throat... a very sore throat that I haven't had in .. well a long time. The whole day I was trying to drink lots of water and lozengers to try and ease the pain. I wasn't however going to let this bring me down, after fighting through the chaotic traffic outside the arena ( i thought there might have been some kind of organized system but no haha, just true mexico city style, 100's of cars in about 5 lanes going in different directions shouting and honking) Eventually we parked, and ran to door 9, which of course was on the other side of the stadium. We paid to stand.. I don't really know why people more to do this, but i guess u are a lot closer but obviously squished in and standing up. My brain must work backwards because I would pay more for a nice seat, where I can hang my jacket on the back and sit at my own will. 


Anways  we could see really well and the lead up was quite exciting. So finally David Guetta comes on stage... really great moment, I really love that man. He talks for a bit about how he loves performing with Latin people bla bla and then Fergie comes out to do their song, Getting over you... which is basically why everyone is at the concert. The song begins but after bout 10 seconds all of the music goes but David and Fergie don't notice I suppose because of the head phones and so the keep singing... very awkward, you could kind of hear the music but its sounded like when you are on the bus and somebody has their music really loud and you can hear the song but like head-phoney sounding.. you know what i mean. Finally they realize that everyone is not dancing but booing and they apologize and tell us that the stadium is having some sound technical problems.. i think lots of people were shouting out things alone the lines of....no shit..! (sorry mum for saying shit)
finally after about 20  mins David comes back to start the song again... but Fergie will be out later with the Peas... what  a diva.


Anyways, David guetta was incredible, he played for over an hour, old and new songs and it was just so amazing to finally her him live... even if my throat felt like I was swallowing glass.
While waiting for the Peas to begin... it was quite warm in the stadium but it has not roof so cold at the same time, i think i was already feleing sick, i maybe had a few too many lozengers and then of course the "im going to pass out" feeling began. Sadly I pulled me and jose out of the smokey crowd to get some air while my vision was reduced to a tiny dot and couldn't hear. I just pretended to do up shoe laces while i had my head up side down to try and get some blood up there. I think people thought i was on drugs or drunk but i am glad i didn't fully pass out  because the medical people would have taken me away and i would have missed the concert! 


Anyways the concert began and it was very cool, one of the peas is actually mexican by blood and Will.i.am obviously thinks he is mexican because he lived in East los Angeles and lived in an all mexican neighbourhood. Also, Fergie... that woman had  body to die for. also he voice is so powerful I was really impressed although still disappointed that she never finished the song with Mr G.
Ashame I felt a bit crappy but it could have been worse. I know it happened to Rachel too, she gets to see Britney Spears and she was also really ill that day! 

1 comment:

  1. Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got sore throat.

    You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
    ninjiom.50webs.com

    ReplyDelete