Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Friday, October 29, 2010

hot hot hot!!

So I feel that it is necessary to write about the weather... basically it's hot... all day, sweaty hot and I'm starting to struggle. It's quite chilly in the mornings, about 9/10 degrees but by 12 the temperature more than doubles and in the city it's not always fun. Sometimes the bus and metro are so warm its hard to breath. Right now I have a sleeveless top on (very wild).... and the fan on and I'm still hot. People keep saying that it is really unusual this time of year, it is supposed to be quite cool so I am hoping that it does soon! Mum and dad are coming in less than two weeks so I would like the weather to stay for them and then it can leave!


This weekend is Day of the Dead (like the Mexican Halloween but it is a big celebration of life and death - it is not supposed to be scary but unfortunately the influence of the United States with Halloween is really obvious. Strange that Halloween isn't even American yet it seems as though it is.) Anyway this means we get Tuesday off ... which means Monday also because people like to extend their holidays here. Jose and i have hired a car and we are going on a little trip... we are actually just driving to Veracruz but we we feel that if we stop in lots of different places that are not planned, technically it counts as a roadtrip! I am going to make a picnic for the car like my mum used too... all the food would be eaten in the first hour haha. We hope to spend 2 nights in Veracruz, 1 in a small town and 1 in Xalapa but we will just see how it goes. 


Well I hope i have lots of good pictures from the trip for next week!
Que tengan buen fin de semana! x

1 comment:

  1. Did you pack Jose a bag of bit and pieces like I used to pack for you 3 on long trips!

    ReplyDelete