Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday again

So here I am in Starbucks again, It's become a bit of ritual, I like it not because of the coffee but because they have really fast internet and when i plan my classes i need to use the internet and it is too slow in my apartment. As usual the weekend has gone too quickly, but its been a nice one. Friday i made a nice dinner *Green salsa, chicken, potatoes and carrots) We were really boring and stayed in but it was nice to relax. Saturday, Jose had to work until 1ish, then we went to a French style cafe and had really baguettes. After we went to the mall where I ended my getting my hair colored... dark mahogany red... Very different and my hands were sweating the whole way through, but I have always wanted to see what it feels like to have red hair, its nice for the winter, i needed a change and i suppose its good to do everything once... well except eating crickets in Oaxaca.. Ellery I won't do that... or wear Birkenstocks with socks. Anyway I really like it but i am still getting used to it and when i catch a reflection of myself in a mirror im still like Holy crap my hair is red. My hair doesn't hold color well for a long time so i think it will only last a month or 2 but I am so far really happy with it and jose loves it too. Last night we went for really lovely pizza at a restaurant called 50 friends, in La Condesa, my favourite part of the city, then we went to a bar/club that we found in Jose's mexico city Magazine called Leonor, its was very nice inside but i am still taking antibiotics for my throat so i didn't drink. We stayed for an hour or so... i liked it but its full of richy 20 somethings... probably better if we went with a group but it was just nice to be together. Today we made green sauce chilaquiles for thanksgiving... we have no way to make Turkey!
Anyway, i wish everybody a lovely Thanks giving, love to all my family and Friends. xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment